List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:webmaster Date:April 10 1999 6:01pm
Subject:Re: exporting big access file to mySQL corrupts access DB
View as plain text
On 9 Apr 99, at 17:43, Jeffrey Mercer wrote:

> I have fairly big table to be exported ( via access97 ) to a mysql DB
> running on a remote server.
>

> Each attempt results in err: (TCX)(MyODBC)Unknown column '110yyyyy' in
> 'field list'(#1054)

How big is big?  I do the same from Access into msql.  I have a perl
script which runs on my NT box to extract the data I need from the
various tables in Access and then it creates new tables with the data
to import into msql (I use the same format as a dump produces).
Works like a charm. Only problem is that it takes about 20 minutes to
do the import -- and all the time it is echoing back each insert.
mysql doesn't do this (and I don't know how to turn it off in msql)..
But I digress.

How do you export from access and then import into mysql?  Do you
check the data first?  I make sure that each field contains just what
it should (in the perl script of course).

Peter

Might is not Right. But there is a lot of Might knocking
about in this world, and something has to be done about it.
-- King Arthur, The Once and Future King
Thread
exporting big access file to mySQL corrupts access DBJeffrey Mercer10 Apr
  • Re: exporting big access file to mySQL corrupts access DBwebmaster10 Apr
    • How to export Access file to MySQL [Was Re: exporting big access file to mySQL]Naresh Bhagtani12 Apr
      • How to export Access file to MySQL [Was Re: exporting big access file to mySQL]Jani Tolonen14 Apr