List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Date:April 9 2004 1:35pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on Linux
View as plain text
Perhaps stated a bit more correctly:

Apache is NOT unique to Linux, so any system using Apache would need this
configuration, that would include windows, MAC OS, Solaris, Irix, etc.

Can't blame the OS on a softwares requirements...

Dan.
At 08:07 AM 4/9/2004, Paul Smith wrote:
>%% Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped> writes:
>
>   dn> That is because although Linux binaries can access files over 2gb,
>   dn> they do not do so by default.  Apache was probably not compiled
>   dn> with the required defines (-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
>   dn> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64), so that's why it stops at 2gb even though
>   dn> both the kernel and filesystem most likely do support larger
>   dn> files.
>
>Just to point out this (needing extra compile flags to get large file
>support) is not unique to Linux.  Most OSs require these kinds of flags;
>Solaris for example also requires special flags to get LFS.
>
>--
>  Paul D. Smith <psmith@stripped>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds &
> Tools
>  "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad
> Scientist

MySQL on LinuxRonan Lucio6 Apr
  • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan6 Apr
    • Re: MySQL on LinuxRonan Lucio6 Apr
      • Re: MySQL on LinuxBenjamin Arai8 Apr
    • Re: MySQL on LinuxBrad Tilley6 Apr
      • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan6 Apr
        • Re: MySQL on LinuxBrad Tilley6 Apr
          • Re: MySQL on LinuxChris W6 Apr
        • Re: MySQL on LinuxAlan Williamson6 Apr
          • Re: MySQL on LinuxDan Nelson6 Apr
            • Re: MySQL on LinuxAlan Williamson6 Apr
              • Re: MySQL on LinuxPeter J Milanese7 Apr
                • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan7 Apr
            • Re: MySQL on LinuxPaul Smith9 Apr
              • Re: MySQL on LinuxDan9 Apr
  • Re: MySQL on Linux(Pete Harlan)6 Apr