List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter J Milanese Date:April 7 2004 12:33pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on Linux
View as plain text
I ran into the same issues on RH8, with a default implmentation. It can be
overcome, but the mysql failed to
write to the table after 2gb or so. It turned out to be a filesystem
limitation issue, which was fixable. I am
not sure, but given the size of files nowadays, RH9 defaults probably take
care of it. I am currently running
several very large tables on RH8 (5-30G) and it is stable. One should
always beware that large tables
can easily be corrupted, and are not a joy to recover though  :-/

Alan Williamson <alan@stripped>
04/06/2004 05:57 PM