List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alan Williamson Date:April 6 2004 9:47pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on Linux
View as plain text

dan wrote:

> the most popular would have been Red Hat, which doesn't have this limit
> you speak of, even plain vanilla install (no twiddling needed).

Not to spoil a perfectly good pontification ... but i have to say that
we have a Redhat8 distribution running on a Dell PowerEdge Server and
when Apache gets to the 2GB size on its access file, it does indeed
stop.  This is not old hardware (12months old).

So don't be spouting any sweeping statements.  If your distribution
doesn't have that limitation, then fantastic, good for you.  But for
others it is indeed a real limitation.

The original question was indeed a geniue one, and while the poster
accidently typed in the wrong size, i wouldn't be so quick to jump all
over him.

So the question still remains.  What would happen in MySQL when that
file isn't allowed to grow any further?

Thread
MySQL on LinuxRonan Lucio6 Apr
  • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan6 Apr
    • Re: MySQL on LinuxRonan Lucio6 Apr
      • Re: MySQL on LinuxBenjamin Arai8 Apr
    • Re: MySQL on LinuxBrad Tilley6 Apr
      • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan6 Apr
        • Re: MySQL on LinuxBrad Tilley6 Apr
          • Re: MySQL on LinuxChris W6 Apr
        • Re: MySQL on LinuxAlan Williamson6 Apr
          • Re: MySQL on LinuxDan Nelson6 Apr
            • Re: MySQL on LinuxAlan Williamson6 Apr
              • Re: MySQL on LinuxPeter J Milanese7 Apr
                • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan7 Apr
            • Re: MySQL on LinuxPaul Smith9 Apr
              • Re: MySQL on LinuxDan9 Apr
  • Re: MySQL on Linux(Pete Harlan)6 Apr