List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:dan Date:April 6 2004 9:28pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on Linux
View as plain text
nice flame! :)
btw-
Doesnt exist in out-of-the-box Linux distros,
or any distro you can currently download.
or any distro you could download (or buy) over the last few years.

it doesnt occur in "vanilla" distributions or any other
retail, commercial, or otherwise distribution...

well maybe Suse, since I stopped looking at it once it went commercial.
but SUSE is NOT the linux standard. Neither are any of them actually.

the most popular would have been Red Hat, which doesn't have this limit
you speak of, even plain vanilla install (no twiddling needed).

contrary to your statement, SUSE is not the bar by which other linux's are
measured.

Did you even read that document you're referring to?
I think you should at least READ it before speaking up on stuff you know
nothing about.

Look at it, it refers to linux kernel 2.4.0-test7, not even a release
kernel. and glibc 2.1 and all the way back to SUSE 7.0 running the 2.2
kernel! It also refers to Red Hat 6.2, I mean, come on man...

taking a document like that, which has been sparsely updated to reflect
new versions of Linux and just says "now has support" for those versions
is hardly a decent reference...

any current linux in any format will support large files "out of the box"
as they say. so yes, I know what I'm talking about, thanks.

sheesh.

> He's talking about a 32 bit filesystem w/o large file support. There is indeed
> a 2GB limit on such systems. You may want to read this before speaking up
> again: http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

Thread
MySQL on LinuxRonan Lucio6 Apr
  • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan6 Apr
    • Re: MySQL on LinuxRonan Lucio6 Apr
      • Re: MySQL on LinuxBenjamin Arai8 Apr
    • Re: MySQL on LinuxBrad Tilley6 Apr
      • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan6 Apr
        • Re: MySQL on LinuxBrad Tilley6 Apr
          • Re: MySQL on LinuxChris W6 Apr
        • Re: MySQL on LinuxAlan Williamson6 Apr
          • Re: MySQL on LinuxDan Nelson6 Apr
            • Re: MySQL on LinuxAlan Williamson6 Apr
              • Re: MySQL on LinuxPeter J Milanese7 Apr
                • Re: MySQL on Linuxdan7 Apr
            • Re: MySQL on LinuxPaul Smith9 Apr
              • Re: MySQL on LinuxDan9 Apr
  • Re: MySQL on Linux(Pete Harlan)6 Apr