List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:April 6 2004 9:32am
Subject:Re: MSSQL Server to MYSQL migration problems
View as plain text
Hi Joshua,

> Making the MySQL indexes would be your responsibility.  Importing the data
> would most likely not import the index definitions also.  You need to
> recreate those.  Your explain seems to indicate that you have *no* indexes
on
> your table.  I would guess that your query doesn't hang it just takes a
very
> long time to return.

I'm not a MySQL hacker, but...

> > Joshua, maybe there are some ineficient indexes, I don't know, because
> > the MSSQL database was not made by me. Iam just trying to migrate the
> > database to MYSQL and check that everything works fine.
> > My query is
> > "SELECT * FROM postulantes LIMIT 1,30"

Why should this query use any indices?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
MSSQL Server to MYSQL migration problemsRodrigo Galindez6 Apr
  • Re: MSSQL Server to MYSQL migration problemsJoshua J. Kugler6 Apr
    • Re: MSSQL Server to MYSQL migration problemsKaram Chand6 Apr
  • Re: MSSQL Server to MYSQL migration problemsMartijn Tonies6 Apr