List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 18 1999 11:07pm
Subject:Cannot repair tables with incorrect auto-inc value
View as plain text
>>>>> "web" == web  <web@stripped> writes:

web> I have some myisam tables that I had to recover with stage 3: difficult repair
> (where the index file is recreated).  When I recreated them, the auto-inc value was set to
> 0.  Now I cannot successfully repair them or change the auto-inc value using myisamchk
> -A.

web> For example:
>> myisamchk -ddv cT

web> MyISAM file:         cT
web> Record format:       Packed
web> File-version:        1
web> Creation time:       1999-10-18 15:52:25
web> Recover time:        1999-10-18 15:56:59
web> Status:              checked
web> Auto increment key:              1  Last value:                     0
web> Data records:                    7  Deleted blocks:                 0
web> Datafile parts:                  7  Deleted data:                   0
web> Datafile pointer (bytes):        4  Keyfile pointer (bytes):        3
web> Datafile length:               208  Keyfile length:              3072
web> Max datafile length:    4294967294  Max keyfile length:   17179868159
web> Recordlength:                  140

web> table description:
web> Key Start Len Index   Type                     Rec/key         Root  Blocksize
web> 1   1     2   unique  unsigned short                 1         1024       1024
web> 2   77    64  multip. char packed stripped           0         2048       1024

>> myisamchk -A cT

web> Updating MyISAM file: cT
web> myisamchk: error: 0 when reading last record
web> MyISAM-table 'cT' is corrupted
web> Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"

Hi!

Can you mail the table files to me so that I can check this?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Cannot repair tables with incorrect auto-inc valueweb18 Oct
  • Cannot repair tables with incorrect auto-inc valueMichael Widenius19 Oct
RE: Cannot repair tables with incorrect auto-inc valueMichael Widenius19 Oct