List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brad Tilley Date:April 5 2004 11:16pm
Subject:two questions on starting and stopping mysld
View as plain text
Hi again,

I became frustrated with a RH9 mysql server install so I removed it and
installed the latest stable from mysql.com on the machine. Things are working
much better now, but I'm having problems with 2 things:

I've tried to make the server start at boot by copying the mysql.server file
(from support-files) to /etc/init.d and /etc/rc.d ... neither worked. I also
tried appending "/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &" to the
rc.local file, but the machine would hang, it wouldn't read past that line.
What's the best way to make the server start at boot?

Also,what's the best way to stop the server? Currently, I'm doing a killall
mysqld, is there a more graceful way?

Thanks,

Brad
Thread
two questions on starting and stopping mysldBrad Tilley6 Apr
  • Re: two questions on starting and stopping mysldPablo6 Apr