List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:October 18 1999 7:51pm
Subject:Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld
(BSDI)
View as plain text

JV>         I upgraded to mysql-3.22.26a on BSDI 4.0.1 (I followed the
JV>         BSD notes and installed patch M400-023). Previously I had
JV>         mysql-3.22.12 (I think), and I was having problem with table
JV> locks,
JV>         so I decided to upgrade mysql versions. Now I dont have the lock
JV>         problems, it runs much better, but from time to time (twice this
JV>         weekend), mysqld dies, dumps core and does not restart even if I
JV> started as
JV>         safe_mysqld. I think the previous version restarted itself when
JV> crahing.
JV>         Do I have to give any special option when configuring
JV>         or when starting so it will monitor itself and restart if it
JV> crashes?

MySQL is completely stable on BSD/OS 4.0.1.  Since you're running
4.0.1, you did NOT want to install M400-023, since that's for 4.0, not
4.0.1.  BSD/OS 4.0.1 already has all those patches installed, and
more.

Here's how I configure mysqld on BSD/OS 4.0.1:

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --localstatedir=/var/mysql
 --without-perl --with-unix-socket-path=/var/mysql/mysql.sock

I run MySQL as follows from /etc/rc.local:

echo -n ' MySQL';	su mysql -c "daemon safe_mysqld"

and in /etc/my.cnf I have:

--cut here--
[mysqld]
skip-thread-priority
set-variable = key_buffer=16M
set-variable = sort_buffer=4M
set-variable = record_buffer=1M
set-variable = join_buffer=1M
--cut here--

The important part is to use the skip-thread-priority flag when
running mysqld.

Thread
mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI)Javier Vegas18 Oct
  • Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI)Vivek Khera18 Oct
  • Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI 4.0.1)Javier Vegas20 Oct
    • Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI 4.0.1)Vivek Khera20 Oct
    • Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI 4.0.1)Michael Widenius20 Oct