List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 18 1999 6:06pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Turkish support
View as plain text
>>>>> "Omer" == Omer ILK <omerilk@stripped> writes:

Omer> I added Turkish character set to mysql. Now, mysql can sort and search
Omer> according to Turkish character set. But I have a small problem. For
Omer> examle

Omer> lower   capital
Omer> -----   -------
Omer>  i         I     in English
Omer>  i       not I  (I with dot) in Turkish

mysql> insert into ....
mysql> ERROR 1064: ....
mysql> Insert Into ....
mysql> Query OK, ...

Omer> If this problem can solve Turkish character set is ok, other way you have
Omer> to write 'I' instead of 'i' (only sql commands).

Hi!

The problem here is that we only have one character table in MySQL :(

David plans to look at this when he comes back from the conference in
Montreal.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL Turkish supportMurat Ozbilgi18 Oct
  • Re: MySQL Turkish supportBob Kline18 Oct
  • Re: MySQL Turkish supportOmer ILK18 Oct
    • Re: MySQL Turkish supportMichael Widenius18 Oct
  • Re: MySQL Turkish supportsinisa18 Oct