List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sami Maisniemi Date:March 31 2004 9:59pm
Subject:Re: MySQL installation in Fedora Core 1
View as plain text
Daevid Vincent wrote:

>Just make a symbolic link... Probably it's in /tmp
>
>So as root,
>  "ln -vs /tmp/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock"
>
>This is always an annoyance with mysql and redhat it seems. *sigh*

How exactly? I mean there cannot be a socket file in /tmp either,
because MySQL does not even start properly. For example:

[root@dhcppc9 smaisnie]# ln -vs /tmp/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
create symbolic link `/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' to `/tmp/mysql.sock'
ln: creating symbolic link `/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' to
`/tmp/mysql.sock': No such file or directory

Regards Sami