List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 18 1999 6:08pm
Subject:latin1 chars in regexp
View as plain text
>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas van Gulick
> <list@stripped> writes:

Thomas> I seem to be unable to correctly search a table with a regular expression using
> certain latin1 characters
Thomas> like u umlaut. The following query seems to select all entries that have a y in
> them:

Thomas> SELECT * FROM index_entity_21 WHERE NAME LIKE '%ü%';

Hi!

Please repost with mysqlbug script + a full example of your problem,
including a full test that also shows any possible error messages.

We need more information about your MySQL version and OS to be able to
help you.

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

For example, as I can't duplicate your problem, I can't help you:

mysql> select "y" like 'ü';
+--------------+
| "y" like 'ü' |
+--------------+
|            0 |
+--------------+
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

mysql> select "ü" like 'ü';
+--------------+
| "ü" like 'ü' |
+--------------+
|            1 |
+--------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> select "Ü" like 'ü';
+--------------+
| "Ü" like 'ü' |
+--------------+
|            1 |
+--------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us that we can
afford to keep this service up.   http://www.tcx.se/
Thread
latin1 chars in regexpThomas van Gulick18 Oct
  • latin1 chars in regexpMichael Widenius18 Oct