List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sami Maisniemi Date:March 30 2004 11:11pm
Subject:MySQL installation in Fedora Core 1
View as plain text
I intend to build up a web server that is based on Fedora Core 1.
Installation and configuration of Apache and PHP4 was pretty simple, but
there are some problems in configuration of MySQL. I installed the MySQL
server RPM included in the distribution.

Even in the MySQL pages it is mentioned that running
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start" is enough for post-installation process.
However, there is no such file. Running "mysql" leads to an error:

[root@dhcppc9 smaisnie]# mysql
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Does anyone have any idea how to carry out post-installation process?

Regards Sami Maisniemi

Thread
MySQL installation in Fedora Core 1Sami Maisniemi31 Mar
  • RE: MySQL installation in Fedora Core 1Donny Simonton31 Mar
  • RE: MySQL installation in Fedora Core 1Daevid Vincent31 Mar
    • Re: MySQL installation in Fedora Core 1Sami Maisniemi31 Mar
  • Re: MySQL installation in Fedora Core 1Victor Medina31 Mar
Re: MySQL installation in Fedora Core 1jeffrey_n_Dyke31 Mar