List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:March 30 2004 10:49pm
Subject:Load data infile or import
View as plain text
I have a few hundred thousand records to import to a database, there are
already a few hundred thousand records in the database now.

What is the best way to append these new records to the old database?

I can not seem to use load data infile unless I want to preformat the data
to have the exact same amount of fields as the old database.  Basically, I
have something like

Id
Fname
Mname
Lname

Where the new data to import is missing the Mname and id, so I will create
full complete insert statements, but how to load that in?

http://www.newgeo.com                       Fax: 313.557.5052
scott@stripped                            Novato, CA U.S.A.

Thread
Difficult query and am kinda stuck how to continue can someone help?Timon Berkowitz30 Mar
  • Re: Difficult query and am kinda stuck how to continue can someone help?Harald Fuchs30 Mar
Re: Difficult query and am kinda stuck how to continue can someone help?Timon Berkowitz30 Mar
  • Re: Difficult query and am kinda stuck how to continue can someone help?Peter Brawley30 Mar
  • Re: Difficult query and am kinda stuck how to continue can someone help?Timon Berkowitz30 Mar
  • Re: Difficult query and am kinda stuck how to continue can someone help?Peter Brawley31 Mar
    • Load data infile or importScott Haneda31 Mar
    • Re: Load data infile or importHarald Fuchs31 Mar
      • Re: Load data infile or importScott Haneda31 Mar
  • Re: Difficult query and am kinda stuck how to continue can someone help?Timon Berkowitz31 Mar
  • Re: Difficult query and am kinda stuck how to continue can someone help?Harald Fuchs31 Mar