List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Richardson Date:March 30 2004 7:17am
Subject:Re: Locked myself out
View as plain text
On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:44:28PM -0800, Gene H. Dreher wrote:
>I seem to have locked myself out of my database.  RH8/4.0.18-standard
>... the key user does not have file/reload/etc access.  and no access
>at all to database mysql..
>Is there some way to break this down as system root or is the only
>solution to delete the whole thing and re-install it?

stop the mysql process, then restart it with the --skip-grant-tables
option, reset the passwords, and then restart it as normal.

Jim Richardson
Have you ever noticed that at trade shows
 Microsoft is always the one giving away stress balls?
Locked myself outGene H. Dreher30 Mar
  • Re: Locked myself outJim Richardson30 Mar