List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:March 30 2004 7:03am
Subject:Unique from this point forward
View as plain text
Is there any way to define a column in MySql 4 that is to be unique from
this point forward.  Meaning, there are indeed dupes in the column now,
those are ok, there is really no repairing that damage as the data was
inherited from somewhere else.  I am constantly having to select the column
to see if there is a dupe entry in it before inserting, I would like to stop
having to do this and define the column as unique from this point forward.
However, in trying this, MySql will not allow me to make it unique until I
remove all the duplicates.
http://www.newgeo.com                       Fax: 313.557.5052
scott@stripped                            Novato, CA U.S.A.

Thread
The Swedish Vocals?magnus.waller30 Mar
  • Unique from this point forwardScott Haneda30 Mar
    • Re: Unique from this point forwardMartijn Tonies30 Mar