List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael J. Pawlowsky Date:March 29 2004 8:58pm
Subject:How to get around lack of views?
View as plain text
How would I do this?

Let say I have an employee table with

Name  varchar(64)
Dept  int(11);
Salary int(11);

I want to grant select on Salary to a mysql user but only where dept = 1 let's say.

Normally I would create a view to do something like this.
But I was wondering if there would be another way around this until views are implemented
that someone has thought of.

Thanks,
Mike

Thread
How to get around lack of views?Michael J. Pawlowsky29 Mar
  • RE: How to get around lack of views?Matt Chatterley30 Mar
  • Re: How to get around lack of views?Jeremy Zawodny30 Mar
RE: How to get around lack of views?Tim Little30 Mar