List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adaikalavan Ramasamy Date:March 27 2004 9:07pm
Subject:Installing MySQL
View as plain text
Dear all,

Is it possible to install mysql locally on Sun Solaris 8 as I do not have
root permission ?

If so, what is the expected total size on disk and recommended steps
(./configure, make, make --prefix="/my/home/" install : is this sufficient)
?

Any hints or pointers are much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Regards, Adaikalavan Ramasamy

Thread
mysql support questionmsthom0126 Mar
  • Re: mysql support questionVictor Medina26 Mar
  • Re: mysql support questionEamon Daly26 Mar
  • Re: mysql support questionEamon Daly27 Mar
  • Installing MySQLAdaikalavan Ramasamy27 Mar
    • Re: Installing MySQLMichael Kruckenberg30 Mar