List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 23 2004 5:55pm
Subject:Re: mysql:it's a db not a dbms... how it's possible?!
View as plain text
At 18:37 +0100 3/23/04, Emiliano wrote:
>  > It sounds like the client didn't crash, but the server did.  If mysqld
>>  crashed, then any MyISAM tables that were in use at the time of the
>>  crash would definitely need reparing.  If you want to ensure that
>>  crashes don't affect tables, use InnoDB or BDB tables instead.
>
>the machine that crashed was a client during simple quering(select,update or
>delete)... this is the problem...
>can anybody assure me that it happens only in windows distribution or in
>that release(MySQL 4.0.15-nt
>)?
>if it's a common problem mysql isn't a dbms... :)
>Emiliano

The current release for MySQL 4.0 is 4.0.18.  You might try upgrading to
see if the problem persists.  If it's a repeatable thing, then please report
it on our bugs page and provide the information needed to reproduce the
problem so that it can be fixed.  Thanks.

http://bugs.mysql.com/

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

MySQL Users Conference: April 14-16, 2004
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/
Thread
mysql:it's a db not a dbms... how it's possible?!Emiliano23 Mar
  • Re: mysql:it's a db not a dbms... how it's possible?!Dan Nelson23 Mar
  • Re: mysql:it's a db not a dbms... how it's possible?!Emiliano23 Mar
    • Re: mysql:it's a db not a dbms... how it's possible?!Paul DuBois23 Mar