List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:March 23 2004 5:21pm
Subject:Re: mysql:it's a db not a dbms... how it's possible?!
View as plain text
In the last episode (Mar 23), Emiliano said:
> how is possible that crashing a client that was quering a mysql db
> located in a server this db(not sure a dbms...) it reports the
> errors:
>
> "Got error 127 from table handler"
>
> and
>
> "Database error: Metadata query failed. MySQL Error: 1016 (Can't open file:
> 'cartella.MYI'. (errno: 145)) Session halted."
>
> i recovered everything with myisamchk but who assure me that is
> possible everytime? i suppose that a "dbms" take care at first the
> data integrity, why mysql doesn't take it?!

It sounds like the client didn't crash, but the server did.  If mysqld
crashed, then any MyISAM tables that were in use at the time of the
crash would definitely need reparing.  If you want to ensure that
crashes don't affect tables, use InnoDB or BDB tables instead.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Table_types.html

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped