List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 18 1999 12:53am
Subject:Re: error message reference?
View as plain text

Bob> On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Dan Noah wrote:
>> Hi mysql,
>>
>> I have a very simple task to perform by calling mysql from a shell script
>> and passing insert dml from a file, I want to filter error messages that are
>> related to timeout conditions ('server has gone away' (oughta be song) or
>> 'database not available' or 'local server gone' etc...) and handle them
>> differently than errors resulting from database errors such as constraint
>> violations or invalid data
>>
>> I've seen error 1062 and 1044 I think, is there any comprehensive reference
>> (is there any way to read this text from
>> the mysql executable or a library, I'm not picky, I just wanna get some
>> error message reference info)
>>
>> (day 8 of my mysql adventure alone, give me a cookie!)
>>

Bob> Monty's working on such a list.

Hi!

The list for the server error messages is in the MYSQL 3.23 releases
in the Docs directory.

The client error messages can be found in the MySQL 'errmsg.h' file.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
error message reference?Dan Noah15 Oct
  • Re: error message reference?sinisa15 Oct
  • Re: error message reference?Bob Kline15 Oct
    • Re: error message reference?Michael Widenius18 Oct