List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 18 1999 12:38am
Subject:Access denied for user....
View as plain text
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Newby <paul@stripped> writes:

Paul> I've just installed MySQL-3.22.26a rpms on RH6, and when I
Paul> try access the database with Netscape 4.51, I get

Paul> Database error: cannot use database psn_db
Paul> MySQL Error: 1044 (Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'psn_db')

Paul> The server is running as 'nobody', and I've already used the GRANT
Paul> command to give 'nobody' all privileges; i.e.,

Paul> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO nobody@localhost

Paul> followed by

Paul> FLUSH PRIVILEGES

Paul> but it still doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

You probably didn't login as nobody with from your web server.  Try to
specify the user name in the connect string!

You can test this with:

mysqladmin -u nobody ver

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us, so that we can
afford to continue this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/
Thread
Access denied for user....Paul Newby15 Oct
  • Re: Access denied for user....Bob Kline15 Oct
    • Re: Access denied for user....ggh16 Oct
      • Re: Access denied for user....Michael Widenius17 Oct
  • Access denied for user....Michael Widenius18 Oct
    • Re: Access denied for user....ggh18 Oct