List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Elsworth Date:March 22 2004 7:42pm
Subject:Re: MERGE table with some packed tables?
View as plain text
On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:40:29PM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Mar 22), Chris Elsworth said:
> > Now that's all well and good and I'm fairly sure it'll all work, but
> > another interesting idea I was wondering over was - can I myisampack
> > the tables that I know won't be updated anymore, and still MERGE
> > them, with other unpacked-tables?
>
> It should work.  I think I tried something similar before deciding to
> just gzip the tables and if I needed them I'd uncompress them and query
> them individually :)

Ah, well these tables do need to be queryable and thus live; I only
ask about packing because it'll save space and (apparently) make them
faster; I've never actually played with packing MyISAM tables before.

Happen to know if MySQL will need a kick after the packing is done?
Would a flush-tables do, assuming I can guarantee there was nothing
outstanding to be written to the table before I started packing it?

--
Chris
Thread