List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 17 1999 8:01pm
Subject:Re: BUG: Bad perfomance
View as plain text

Bob> On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Peter Zaitsev wrote:
>> MYSQL 3.22.36a Running on Redhat linux 6.0   PPro200 128Mb Ram.
>>
>> CREATE TABLE counter_info (
>> counter_id int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
Bob>   [snip]
>> PRIMARY KEY (counter_id)
>> KEY t_hits (t_hits);
>> );
>>
>> CREATE TABLE sites (
>> ID int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
>> [snip]
>> KEY LETTER (LETTER),
>> KEY USER_ID (USER_ID),
>> KEY LANG_ID (LANG_ID),
>> KEY REG_ID (REG_ID),
>> KEY CITY_ID (CITY_ID)
>> );
>>

>> Now if I'm running the following query runs really slow then it
>> should run rather fast:
>>
>> select * from sites,counter_info where id=counter_id order by t_hits
>> limit 5;
>> 5 rows in set (21.69 sec)

Bob> Try adding an index on sites(ID) and see what happens.

Hi!

Please provide more information about your problem!  Based on the
above there is no change to know what is going on!

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

Sorry for the short answer, but as we get a couple of hundred mails/day
we don't have time to answer questions that are already documented
or doesn't contain all information needed to give a quick exact answer.

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us that we can
afford to keep this service up.   http://www.tcx.se/
Thread
BUG: Bad perfomancePeter Zaitsev15 Oct
  • Re: BUG: Bad perfomanceBob Kline15 Oct
    • Re: BUG: Bad perfomanceMichael Widenius17 Oct
  • Re: BUG: Bad perfomance(Udo Stanja)20 Oct