List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 17 1999 7:47pm
Subject:Re: Access denied for user....
View as plain text

>> On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Paul Newby wrote:
>>
>> > I've just installed MySQL-3.22.26a rpms on RH6, and when I
>> > try access the database with Netscape 4.51, I get
>> >
>> > Database error: cannot use database psn_db MySQL Error: 1044 (Access
>> > denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'psn_db')
>> >
>> > The server is running as 'nobody', and I've already used the GRANT
>> > command to give 'nobody' all privileges; i.e.,
>> >
>> > GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO nobody@localhost
>> >
>> > followed by
>> >
>> > FLUSH PRIVILEGES
>> >
>> > but it still doesn't work.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> The account under which the db server process is running doesn't have
>> anything to do with the MySQL permissions system.  If you use 'nobody'
>> as the name of the user you're going to grant permissions to, you need
>> to specify that user name in the program you're using to interface with
>> your browser.  You'll need to be a little more specific about how you're
>> going about that before we can go any further.

ggh> Sorry if I wasn't clear... the _web_ server (Apache 1.3.6, in this
ggh> case) is running as 'nobody', not the db server.  I can access the
ggh> database without a password as user nobody from the mysql monitor, so
ggh> I don't understand why httpd running as nobody can't get to it.

Hi!

According to the above log, you don't login as 'nobody' !
Start mysqld with --log and check the MySQL error log for information
what goes wrong!

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Access denied for user....Paul Newby15 Oct
  • Re: Access denied for user....Bob Kline15 Oct
    • Re: Access denied for user....ggh16 Oct
      • Re: Access denied for user....Michael Widenius17 Oct
  • Access denied for user....Michael Widenius18 Oct
    • Re: Access denied for user....ggh18 Oct