List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:March 19 2004 7:52am
Subject:Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,

> Hello people ! I was hoping for some wisdom from the good folks on this
> list about moving databases from access to MySQL.
>
> I am aware of the brute force method of exporting in CSV format or tab
> delimited formats and using mysqlimport to move the tables.
>
> 1. I was wondering if there was a way to dump access databases in SQL
> queries like the mysqldump utility does ?
>
> 2. When exporting tab delimited values from access and using mysqlimport
> everything works fine except date columns. All the data moves except the
> date field which shows up zero's I mysql after I use mysqlimport. Does
> anyone have a clue on what might be happening?
>
> 3. Is there any way other than downloading some shareware third party
> programs to transfer my databases from access to MySQL ?

You might want to try Database Workbench - it has a Schema transfer
utility and datapump. Check www.upscene.com

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
writing queries to get distinct resultsCasey Sheridan19 Mar
  • Migrating Access databases to MySQLArjun Subramanian19 Mar
    • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLKaram Chand19 Mar
    • AW: Migrating Access databases to MySQLFreddie Sorensen19 Mar
    • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLMartijn Tonies19 Mar
  • Re: writing queries to get distinct resultsVictoria Reznichenko19 Mar
RE: Migrating Access databases to MySQLArjun Subramanian19 Mar
  • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLBob Ramsey19 Mar