List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karam Chand Date:March 19 2004 4:25am
Subject:Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQL
View as plain text
Try SQLyog - www.webyog.com

I use the ODBC Import Facility regularly.

regards
Karam

--- Arjun Subramanian <arjun@stripped> wrote:
> Hello people ! I was hoping for some wisdom from the
> good folks on this
> list about moving databases from access to MySQL.
>
> I am aware of the brute force method of exporting in
> CSV format or tab
> delimited formats and using mysqlimport to move the
> tables.
>
> 1. I was wondering if there was a way to dump access
> databases in SQL
> queries like the mysqldump utility does ?
>
> 2. When exporting tab delimited values from access
> and using mysqlimport
> everything works fine except date columns. All the
> data moves except the
> date field which shows up zero's I mysql after I use
> mysqlimport. Does
> anyone have a clue on what might be happening?
>
> 3. Is there any way other than downloading some
> shareware third party
> programs to transfer my databases from access to
> MySQL ?
>

> I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks to
> everyone in advance !
>
> Arjun Subramanian
> Georgia Tech Station 32003
> Atlanta GA 30332
> Cell: +404.429.5513
> "I'm MySQL certified. Are you?"

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

http://mail.yahoo.com
Thread
writing queries to get distinct resultsCasey Sheridan19 Mar
  • Migrating Access databases to MySQLArjun Subramanian19 Mar
    • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLKaram Chand19 Mar
    • AW: Migrating Access databases to MySQLFreddie Sorensen19 Mar
    • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLMartijn Tonies19 Mar
  • Re: writing queries to get distinct resultsVictoria Reznichenko19 Mar
RE: Migrating Access databases to MySQLArjun Subramanian19 Mar
  • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLBob Ramsey19 Mar