List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Casey Sheridan Date:March 18 2004 11:31pm
Subject:writing queries to get distinct results
View as plain text
I have a table that has employee names, pay rates, and unique IDs.  I want
to select all of the distinct employee names, and if there are two employees
with the same name, I want to be able to choose only one; the one with the
highest pay rate.  If there are two identical employee names with the same
pay rate, I want to select the one that has the lowest unique ID number.
Can anyone help me on how to write this query?   Thanks!
-Casey Sheridan
Casey@stripped

Thread
writing queries to get distinct resultsCasey Sheridan19 Mar
  • Migrating Access databases to MySQLArjun Subramanian19 Mar
    • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLKaram Chand19 Mar
    • AW: Migrating Access databases to MySQLFreddie Sorensen19 Mar
    • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLMartijn Tonies19 Mar
  • Re: writing queries to get distinct resultsVictoria Reznichenko19 Mar
RE: Migrating Access databases to MySQLArjun Subramanian19 Mar
  • Re: Migrating Access databases to MySQLBob Ramsey19 Mar