List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jeffrey_n_Dyke Date:March 18 2004 2:45pm
Subject:Re: php script for new database and user
View as plain text

Hi,

Well, phpMyAdmin can create databases. And if im not wrong its just a
bundle of php-scripts.
So maybe just install phpMyAdmin and create a DB. Iirc u can see the
commands it does to create.

---------------
php is only providing an interface to mysql.  If wish to script a database
creation you can definitely use PHP.  As soon as you authenticate to mysql
via mysql_connect(host,user,pass) you have the rights of that mysqluser,
then you can create all the dbs you want through regular SQL, using PHP's
mysql_query.

mysql_connect('localhost','root','rootpassword');
mysql_query('CREATE DATABASE PHP_TEST');
mysql_select_db('PHP_TEST');
mysql_query('CREATE TABLE STATEMENT')

But if you just want to get some datbases created, then it may just be
easier to use the command line/PHPmyAdmin/MySQLCC/lots of other programs.

HTH
jeff

Bernd

--
[Zufallssig 9]
[NightGhost] on AO forum: "Perhaps it doesn't take two to make an