List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alan Williamson Date:March 18 2004 9:04am
Subject:MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob table
View as plain text
A quick question for the hardcore MySQL experts out there.

I have a simple table;

-------------------
ID varchar (PK)
DATA longblob
-------------------

This table is a simple persistence cache for one of our servers. It
regularly INSERTs and SELECTs into this table data of approximately 2KB
- 200KB, although the majority of inserts are around the 2KB mark.

No fancy queries are ever performed, merely a single SELECT on a given
key and no range queries are ever done.

So with that in mind, I just noticed the table was created as a MyISAM.
   In your experience how does this compare to a table using INNODB?
Should it have been created as a INNODB for better performance?

Any thoughts, insights, would be listened to intensely! :)

thanks

--
Alan Williamson, City Planner

w: http://www.BLOG-CITY.com/
e: alan@stripped
b: http://alan.blog-city.com/

Thread
Wish List of FeaturesMark Manning16 Mar
  • Re: Wish List of FeaturesDavid Griffiths16 Mar
    • Re: Wish List of FeaturesDaniel Gibby16 Mar
  • RE: Wish List of FeaturesDaevid Vincent17 Mar
RE: Wish List of FeaturesDarran Kartaschew16 Mar
Re: Wish List of FeaturesEldon Ziegler18 Mar
  • MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob tableAlan Williamson18 Mar
    • Re: MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob tableChris Nolan18 Mar
      • Re: MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob tableAlan Williamson18 Mar
  • Re: MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob tableMartijn Tonies18 Mar