List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:W. D. Date:March 18 2004 8:21am
Subject:Re: Large lists of SQL commands choking PHPmyAdmin?
View as plain text
At 02:03 3/18/2004, olinux wrote:
>--- "W. D." wrote:
>> I am a relative newbie to MySQL and PHPmyAdmin.  I
>> tried adding
>> data into an existing table by 'uploading' a file in
>> PHPmyAdmin.
>> I know the INSERT INTO commands are valid, since I
>> can import
>> several hundred records using PHPmyAdmin.  However,
>> when I
>> try to import a few thousand records, everything
>> seems to
>> go berserk.
>>
>> Does anyone have a simple way of adding a 5 or 10
>> thousand
>> records at a time?
>

>You can read the dump file back into the server with:
>
>shell> mysql db_name < backup-file.sql
>
>Or:
>
>shell> mysql -e "source
>/path-to-backup/backup-file.sql" db_name
>
>More info here:
>http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/mysqldump.html
>
>olinux

Thanks, O.

Is the dump file all SQL statements?  The file that I am importing
is all INSERT INTO statments.

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/

Thread
Large lists of SQL commands choking PHPmyAdmin?W. D.18 Mar
  • Re: Large lists of SQL commands choking PHPmyAdmin?olinux18 Mar
    • Re: Large lists of SQL commands choking PHPmyAdmin?W. D.18 Mar