List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Gibby Date:March 16 2004 9:11pm
Subject:Re: Wish List of Features
View as plain text
You already can insert a column before or after another column.
ALTER TABLE blah_table ADD COLUMN column_new VARCHAR(25) AFTER
column_existing;

Don't count on my syntax being perfect, but it is pretty easy to do what
you are saying using the MySQL client

Daniel Gibby

David Griffiths wrote:

>1) Try, SHOW CREATE TABLE table_name from the mysql client utility. It will
>give you a create-table command.
>
>In MySQL Control Center, you can do the same thing, but for all tables at
>once. Select the database with your tables, and open the tree. Right click
>on the Tables item, and choose, Tools->Show Create and then select one,
>some, or all of the tables in the dialog that pops up.
>
>2) That would be a useful feature for tables without alot of data, but if
>you have a few gig in your database, or had limited disk space, or had a
>busy server, it could be a disaster. Table order is nice, but try not to be
>too anal about it :) Most databases won't let you do that.
>
>David.

Wish List of FeaturesMark Manning16 Mar
  • Re: Wish List of FeaturesDavid Griffiths16 Mar
    • Re: Wish List of FeaturesDaniel Gibby16 Mar
  • RE: Wish List of FeaturesDaevid Vincent17 Mar
RE: Wish List of FeaturesDarran Kartaschew16 Mar
Re: Wish List of FeaturesEldon Ziegler18 Mar
  • MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob tableAlan Williamson18 Mar
    • Re: MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob tableChris Nolan18 Mar
      • Re: MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob tableAlan Williamson18 Mar
  • Re: MyISAM vs. INNODB for a single blob tableMartijn Tonies18 Mar