List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:October 16 1999 12:26am
Subject:Re: using limit and also getting total count [cacheing query answers]
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Widenius <monty@stripped>
To: Jay J <3pound@stripped>
Cc: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 1999 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: using limit and also getting total count

> <cut>
>
> Jay> Question: Has there been any discussion about cacheing the answers to
> Jay> queries? If I understand correctly something like the 'key_buffer' is
shared
> Jay> amongst the threads, keys .. but not answers. (right?)
>
> Jay> So in the example above, maybe he is forced to run a count(*) which
returns
> Jay> 6, but if none of the tables have changed in the interim then next
time the
> Jay> cached answer is returned? (I realize this isn't a new concept)
>
> Jay> -Jay
>
> Hi!
>
> A MySQL users is working on caching query results (The MySQL
> 3.23.4 server already has some hooks for this).  I don't however know
> when he gets the time to finish it.
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Thanks Monty.

That sounds exciting. Especially when my forte' is Perl and not C, although
I might attempt something in the meantime (for my purposes anyway).

Do you remember who's working on this? I'll proceed to the archives now
though....

-Jay J

Thread
using limit and also getting total countJerry Preeper13 Oct
  • Re: using limit and also getting total countJay J14 Oct
    • Re: using limit and also getting total countBob Kline14 Oct
      • Re: using limit and also getting total countJay J14 Oct
        • Re: using limit and also getting total countBob Kline14 Oct
          • Re: using limit and also getting total countJerry Preeper14 Oct
          • Re: using limit and also getting total countRyan Dickinson18 Oct
        • Re: using limit and also getting total countMichael Widenius14 Oct
      • Re: using limit and also getting total count [cacheing query answers]Jay J16 Oct
    • Re: using limit and also getting total countMichael Widenius14 Oct
  • Re: using limit and also getting total countGerald Clark15 Oct