List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kaarel Date:March 13 2004 12:31pm
Subject:Re: PgSQL vs MySQL
View as plain text
Jeremy Smith wrote:

>I have an extrememly query heavy site that I tried to switch from MySQL to
>PgSQL.  And after spending literally a week reconfiguring thousands of
>queries and rewriting code, I finally had the pgSQL version of the site
>live, but when I had even a trickle of users on the site it was HORRENDOUSLY
>slow.  Now, if I had optimized my code and my queries for another 3 weeks, I
>may have had something that was usable.  But I will take the speed of MySQL
>and live without some of the niceties of PgSQL.
>
>Jeremy

Well here is a case where some guy tried very hard to convert his app
from MySQL to PostgreSQL and the result was that he couldn't get MySQL
be as fast as PostgreSQL.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-11/msg01399.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-11/msg01458.php

Kaarel
Thread
PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLdavid.best3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
    • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLCurtis Maurand3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLRay3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMichael Stassen3 Mar
        • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKevin Williams3 Mar
        • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLCurtis Maurand3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar
    • RE: PgSQL vs MySQLJames Kelty3 Mar
    • RE: PgSQL vs MySQLJeremy Smith3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKaarel13 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKaren Abgarian3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar
    • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLEric @ Zomething3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMartijn Tonies3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar