List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeffrey Mercer Date:April 9 1999 9:26pm
Subject:myODBC / my.cnf
View as plain text
Everytime I go to link a table ( via Access, win98, over ip ) I have
type in all the connection params. Is this normal? I though about using
my.cnf to do this, but can't find info on how file should be organized.

What for example should be the lhs for "Windows DSN Name"?

host=host_name, etc. are pretty obvious...

Wow, I just tried a my.cnf with some of the better known params
specified. Filled in the rest by hand and checked the use my.cnf box.
Access crashed. Whaz up?

--
Best Regards,

Jeff @ Industrial House