List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ivan Sergio Borgonovo Date:March 9 2004 10:13am
Subject:Re: mySQL, mySQL Max and stored procedure support (version
problem?)
View as plain text
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:52:38 +0100
"Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@stripped> wrote:

> > I'm running:
> > mysql  Ver 12.21 Distrib 4.0.15, for suse-linux (i686)
> > ps says I'm running mysql-max
> > mysql    21397  0.0  1.7 71216 16064 pts/8   S    10:32   0:00
> > /usr/sbin/mysqld-max ....
> >
> > that *should* support stored procedures, shouldn't it?
>
> As far as I know, MySQL 5 support stored procedures.

But what about Max version?
Docs are not crystal clear.
While it is clearly stated that mySQL started to support SP from
version 5, nothing is said about Max where docs just say it supports
them but it is not clear from which version.

It is even not that clear from which source package should I start
from to have Max or "plain" mySQL.

I gave a look to SUSE source package of release 4 and it seems that
Max and "plain" are built from the same tarball.

Since I'm not sure if I have a version that support SP it is difficult
to see if my syntax is wrong or it is a problem of version.

Could anyone post a correct 5 line example of working stored procedure
to test?
Thread
mySQL, mySQL Max and stored procedure support (version problem?)Ivan Sergio Borgonovo9 Mar
  • Re: mySQL, mySQL Max and stored procedure support (version problem?)Martijn Tonies9 Mar
    • Re: mySQL, mySQL Max and stored procedure support (versionproblem?)Ivan Sergio Borgonovo9 Mar
      • Re: mySQL, mySQL Max and stored procedure support (version problem?)Victoria Reznichenko9 Mar
        • Re: mySQL, mySQL Max and stored procedure support (versionproblem?)Ivan Sergio Borgonovo9 Mar