List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:April 9 1999 8:08pm
Subject:Re: Conditional replace/insert
View as plain text
"Andrei V.Loukinykh" wrote:

> Hi
>  If anybody know how to handle the problem, let me know please.
>
>  I have 2 tables with the similar 4 fields.
>   The first table is temporary( and small) and the second one is big.
>
> table TMP                                  table MAIN
> DATE  DN  ConvTime  DIGITS             DATE  DN  ConvTime DIGITS
>
>  I want to add each record from the TMP into the MAIN in condition, that
> there is no record in MAIN with the same combination of DATE,DN     and
> DIGITS. Otherwise ( if such a combination already exists) I have to
> replace existing record with the new one BUT THE FIELD ConvTime MUST BE
> SUMMARISED.
> That's all.
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Andrei

If you have an UNIQUE KEY over Date, DN and DIGITS you can use the REPLACE syntax
like this:
REPLACE INTO
	main
	(Date
	,DN
	,DIGITS
	,ConvTime)
SELECT
	tmp.Date
	,tmp.DN
	,tmp.DIGITS
	,IFNULL(main.ConvTime,tmp.ConvTime,tmp.ConvTime + main.ConvTime)
FROM
	tmp
	LEFT JOIN main

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Conditional replace/insertAndrei V.Loukinykh9 Apr
  • Re: Conditional replace/insertChristian Mack10 Apr
Re:conditional replace/insertAndrei V.Loukinykh13 Apr