List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cere Davis Date:March 4 2004 6:41pm
Subject:constraints within a table
View as plain text
Hi everyone,

I have a table where I would like members of a uid field to be limited
by the range of values that are in another field.  What I am looking for
would be taken care of with the enum() operator except I need the range
of values to be dynamic - because uid will change.  I've been told that
foreign key constraints is what I want for this problem but I wonder do
they have to be foreign?  All I want is a dynamic enum constraint for on
column depending on the values in another, within the same table.

Thanks for your help,
Cere

Thread
constraints within a tableCere Davis4 Mar
  • Re: constraints within a tableMartijn Tonies4 Mar