List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:April 9 1999 7:27pm
Subject:Re: Controlling Number of Daemons
View as plain text
On Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:13:50 -0400 (EDT), Julian Bleecker wrote:

>So, i've poked around quite a bit to determine if there's a way to control
>the number of children that start up with mysqld.   Each takes about 2.5%
>of memory, and i'm working on an application that needs to prune where it
>can.  Most of the time, the app is fairly standalone, and there aren't
>ever more than 2 or 3 clients attempting to connect to the database (and
>those are very low intensity transactions.)
>
>I've started poking through the source to see if there's some place to
>throttle this, but if anyone has more insight than I, i'd appreciate it
>being shared.

These are threads. You always get 3, I forgot what each does. Then one
connection.

http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Performance.html#Server_param
eters

max_connections       current value: 100

-Sincerely, Fred

Controlling Number of DaemonsJulian Bleecker9 Apr
  • Re: Controlling Number of DaemonsDavid Sklar9 Apr
Re: Controlling Number of DaemonsFred Lindberg9 Apr