List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Smith Date:March 3 2004 7:46pm
Subject:RE: PgSQL vs MySQL
View as plain text
I have an extrememly query heavy site that I tried to switch from MySQL to
PgSQL.  And after spending literally a week reconfiguring thousands of
queries and rewriting code, I finally had the pgSQL version of the site
live, but when I had even a trickle of users on the site it was HORRENDOUSLY
slow.  Now, if I had optimized my code and my queries for another 3 weeks, I
may have had something that was usable.  But I will take the speed of MySQL
and live without some of the niceties of PgSQL.

Jeremy