List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Kelty Date:March 3 2004 6:51pm
Subject:RE: PgSQL vs MySQL
View as plain text
As a DBA I have a few questions about what you said here.

You have worked with both PostgreSQL and MySQL, and yet you say that MySQL
is 'signifigantly' faster than Oracle? Can you PROVE that? And how is it
faster to chase down data problems when MySQL has no native constraints in
it data design?

Wouldn't you think that since MySQL is 'simpler' to set up and configure
that it just lends itself to poor design principles and that you will
constantly be fighting with it after a point? Or migrating to something
else?

Can't argue with the third point at all.

In all of this, isn't it really InnoDB that you like, and not MySQL
specifically?

-James