List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Curtis Maurand Date:March 3 2004 5:43pm
Subject:Re: PgSQL vs MySQL
View as plain text
:-)

someflag enum('TRUE','FALSE');

Not quite boolean, but it works.

Curtis

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Mark Warner wrote:

> The thing which bothers me most about MySQL is the lack of a proper
> boolean. I don't like having to abstract a tinyint(1) into true or
> false. As much of my work involves building applications with Yes or No
> questions, I think I am switching to PostgreSQL.
>

> david.best@stripped wrote:
>
> >>What advantages, besides ease of setup, does MySQL hold over PostgreSQL?
> >>It would seem, to me, that the two are close competitors (both in
> >>quality, and performance).
> >>

> >Are you sure about quality?  Check out:
> >
> >http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html
> >
> >You can check out postgresql's on the same site but they are significally less
> critical.   After reviewing this and talking to some other people i'm switching over to
> postgresql.   I'm sure there is a place with mysql but I don't think i'd trust it for
> anything critical unless you very confident your developers know what they are doing.

Curtis Maurand
mailto:curtis@stripped
http://www.maurand.com

Thread
PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLdavid.best3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
    • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLCurtis Maurand3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLRay3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMichael Stassen3 Mar
        • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKevin Williams3 Mar
        • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLCurtis Maurand3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar
    • RE: PgSQL vs MySQLJames Kelty3 Mar
    • RE: PgSQL vs MySQLJeremy Smith3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKaarel13 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKaren Abgarian3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar
    • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLEric @ Zomething3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMartijn Tonies3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar