List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric @ Zomething Date:March 3 2004 3:17pm
Subject:Re: PgSQL vs MySQL
View as plain text
David wrote:

>> Are you sure about quality?  Check out:
>>
>> http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

Those have nothing to do with the quality of MySQL.

>> I don't think i'd trust it for anything critical
>> unless you very confident your developers know what they are doing.

Would you trust anything to developers who do not know what they are doing?

As a _novice_ developer I learned the noted aspects of MySQL: it's part of knowing how the
database works and how to use it, and not terribly sophisticated.

I think if a database developer would not get into that level of detail, you are going to
have problems no matter what database they use.

That said, postgresql may be a fine choice.  Enjoy.

Eric
Thread
PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLdavid.best3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
    • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLCurtis Maurand3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLRay3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMichael Stassen3 Mar
        • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKevin Williams3 Mar
        • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLCurtis Maurand3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar
    • RE: PgSQL vs MySQLJames Kelty3 Mar
    • RE: PgSQL vs MySQLJeremy Smith3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKaarel13 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKaren Abgarian3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar
    • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLEric @ Zomething3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMartijn Tonies3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar