List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<david.best Date:March 3 2004 2:51pm
Subject:Re: PgSQL vs MySQL
View as plain text
> What advantages, besides ease of setup, does MySQL hold over PostgreSQL?
> It would seem, to me, that the two are close competitors (both in
> quality, and performance).

Are you sure about quality?  Check out:

http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

You can check out postgresql's on the same site but they are significally less critical.
After reviewing this and talking to some other people i'm switching over to postgresql.
I'm sure there is a place with mysql but I don't think i'd trust it for anything critical
unless you very confident your developers know what they are doing.

Thread
PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLdavid.best3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
    • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLCurtis Maurand3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLRay3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMichael Stassen3 Mar
        • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKevin Williams3 Mar
        • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLCurtis Maurand3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar
    • RE: PgSQL vs MySQLJames Kelty3 Mar
    • RE: PgSQL vs MySQLJeremy Smith3 Mar
      • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKaarel13 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLKaren Abgarian3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar
    • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMark Warner3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLEric @ Zomething3 Mar
  • Re: PgSQL vs MySQLMartijn Tonies3 Mar
Re: PgSQL vs MySQLDavid Griffiths3 Mar