List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:March 2 2004 9:19pm
Subject:Re: no one can log on any more
View as plain text
Bernd Jagla wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have some weird sql statements that seem to eat up all resources from mysqld.
> Once I have two of them running at the same time no one can log on any more. Simple
> queries involving distinct get a out of memory error.
>
> We have tried changing the index buffer size from 256M to 2G, no change. We have 7G
> of memory on an IRIX system with 8 cpus.
> No replication.
>
> Do you have any idea what is happening?

I believe I have a hunch now. If I remember correctly, I've seen this problem on
Irix before. If one thread gets really busy it can lock out all others. So we
really have two problems - a slow query + OS flaw.

As far as the solution is concerned, I do not see one without a serious surgery.
Sorry.

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/
    • Re: no one can log on any morevpendleton2 Mar
  • Re: no one can log on any moreBernd Jagla2 Mar
    • Re: no one can log on any morevpendleton2 Mar
  • Re: no one can log on any moreBernd Jagla2 Mar
    • Re: no one can log on any morevpendleton2 Mar
  • Re: no one can log on any moreBernd Jagla2 Mar
    • Re: no one can log on any morevpendleton2 Mar
  • Re: no one can log on any moreBernd Jagla2 Mar
    • Re: no one can log on any morevpendleton2 Mar
  • Re: no one can log on any moreMartijn Tonies2 Mar
  • Re: no one can log on any moreBernd Jagla2 Mar
    • Re: no one can log on any morevpendleton2 Mar
  • Re: no one can log on any moreSasha Pachev2 Mar