List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Nolan Date:March 2 2004 1:00pm
Subject:Re: "explain" tree like structure? Code available? Examples?
View as plain text
Hmm....

The question is, does MySQL's optimiser do enough planing to result in a
tree of any non-trivial interest?

I love MySQL as much as the next geek with a significant other that
loves dolphins, but I'm not sure that MySQL 4.0 would provide a lot of
data for funky tree-drawing (MS SQL tool style).

Anyone have any comments regarding the optimiser improvements in MySQL 5?

Regards,

Chris

Martijn Tonies wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if there's a neat way to get the "explain" output
>in a tree-like structure so it can be visualized in an easy way.
>
>Is it possible to get it into a tree-structure at all?
>
>With regards,
>
>Martijn Tonies
>Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL & MS SQL
>Server.
>Upscene Productions
>http://www.upscene.com

Thread
"explain" tree like structure? Code available? Examples?Martijn Tonies2 Mar
  • Re: "explain" tree like structure? Code available? Examples?Chris Nolan2 Mar
  • Re: "explain" tree like structure? Code available? Examples?Martijn Tonies3 Mar