List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Julian Bleecker Date:April 9 1999 7:13pm
Subject:Controlling Number of Daemons
View as plain text
So, i've poked around quite a bit to determine if there's a way to control
the number of children that start up with mysqld.   Each takes about 2.5%
of memory, and i'm working on an application that needs to prune where it
can.  Most of the time, the app is fairly standalone, and there aren't
ever more than 2 or 3 clients attempting to connect to the database (and
those are very low intensity transactions.)

I've started poking through the source to see if there's some place to
throttle this, but if anyone has more insight than I, i'd appreciate it
being shared.

Julian Bleecker
mackdad@stripped
home: 718-789-0933
cell: 917-951-0719

Thread
Controlling Number of DaemonsJulian Bleecker9 Apr
  • Re: Controlling Number of DaemonsDavid Sklar9 Apr
Re: Controlling Number of DaemonsFred Lindberg9 Apr