List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<vpendleton Date:February 25 2004 7:35pm
Subject:Re: updating tables in MySQL
View as plain text
Are you using the DTS to schedule replication or periodic data imports?

On 2/25/04, 11:48:02 AM, "HACKATHORN," TODD "(SWBT)" <th3491@stripped> wrote
regarding updating tables in MySQL:

> Hello,
> Sorry if this is a obvious question, but I am new to mySQL, and PHP.  I
> am
> used to working with MS SQL Server 2000 and coldfusion.  In SQL server I
> can
> build DTS packages and schedule them to update the data in my tables
> with
> different queries, and to import current data from other databases.  Is
> there a way I can do this in mySQL?  I found how I can schedule scripts,
> but
> am not sure how to go about making a script do queries, or how to import
> data from a other data source.  I could write a script to insert each
> record
> one at a time, but that seems like a lot of work.  I work with fairly
> large
> tables.  I am new to both Linux, and mySQL, but do have a decent amount
> of
> experience in other SQL system.

> I am using RedHat 9, mySQL Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18, for pc-linux
> (i686).

> Thanks in advance,

> Todd
Thread
updating tables in MySQLSWBT)25 Feb
  • Re: updating tables in MySQLvpendleton25 Feb
  • Re: updating tables in MySQLSasha Pachev25 Feb