List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Larry Brown Date:February 25 2004 7:25pm
Subject:command line escape for apostrophe
View as plain text
I usually use php for most of my work, but I  have to run a fair percentage
of maintenance etc from the mysql shell program.  I have a record that has
an apostrophe and so was inserted using php by escaping the ' with \ so that
it was put in as \' and it shows up in the record as O'Brien as it should.
I am trying to run a select statement from the shell program and it will not
accept \ or double '' for escaping it.  Pretty simple problem, but I can't
find anything via google for it.  (Or the manual for that matter. )

TIA

Larry

Thread
command line escape for apostropheLarry Brown25 Feb
  • Re: command line escape for apostrophevpendleton25 Feb
  • RE: command line escape for apostropheLarry Brown25 Feb
Re: command line escape for apostrophePaul DuBois25 Feb