List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 14 1999 9:40pm
Subject:GRANT command not surviving server restarts
View as plain text
>>>>> "w" == w schuller <w.schuller@stripped> writes:

w> hi everyone,
w> I'm trying to add a user using the GRANT command as specificed in the manual.

w> For example:
w> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO monty@localhost
w>            IDENTIFIED BY 'something' WITH GRANT OPTION;

w> This works immediately after, but then I restart the computer, or just stop the
> mysql server and start it (using the Redhat /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql script), and when I do
> this the user account  stops working.

w> eg: I run the GRANT command as root (from mysql client), then quit. then i try and
> login from the client as my newly created user account and it works. But then i restart
> the server and it stops working again.

w> This behavoiur also happens from my applications use of the GRANT command.

w> I'm using Mysql 3.22.23b installed from RPM. Is this a known bug for this version?
> Am I doing something wrong?

Hi!

Could you mail us a dump of your 'mysql' database ?
(Warning:  This will hover show us your passwords, so you may have to
edit it a little..)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
GRANT command not surviving server restartsw.schuller14 Oct
  • GRANT command not surviving server restartsMichael Widenius14 Oct